Re: switching user in X without logging out previous user

Micha Feigin wrote:
Is it possible to switch the active user in X without actually logging
out using the graphical interface( (x|g|k)dm ) like with the change
users option of m$ XP ?

i did this with gdm - maybe it will work for you:

in /etc/gdm.conf, find the [servers] section. there should be a line like this:

   0=Standard

i added the following lines under that:

   1=Standard
   2=Standard

restart gdm:

/etc/init.d/gdm restart

now there are three GDM login screens available; you can switch between them with ctrl-alt-f7 / ctrl-alt-f8 / ctrl-alt-f9.

i use this so that my wife and i can have our own desktops up and running simultaneously.