Permissions with Postgresql

I'm very new to Postgres so I'm not sure if this is a Debian issue or not.
Now that I look I think it's more of a postgres question.  Anyway:

Postgresql 7.4.1:

Silly me, I thought I could simply do:

  grand ALL on database foo to foouser;

But that doesn't seem to do anything.  Seems like I need to grant on
individual objects.  Is that correct?

So, let me as the question:

I created a database under my user id, and postgres authenticates via
IDENT.

Now I want to allow www-data full access to all objects in the database.

As user postgres I first:

    cascade=# create user foouser with password 'foopass';

Then to allow the user to connect I added to pg_hba.conf:

    # TYPE DATABASE USER    IP-ADDRESS   IP-MASK     METHOD
    local   foo   foouser                              md5
    host    foo   foouser   127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255  md5

And indeed if I su to www-data I can connect with that user and
password.

But now is there a way to grant access other than trying to figure out
every object in the database?

I can get my tables with this:

   select tablename from pg_tables where schemaname = 'public';

what about views and any other objects?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org