Re: killthread script

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 05:24:33PM -0500, Matt Price imagined:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 02:03:04PM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> > Incoming from Matt Price:
> > > I have pretty good spamfilters up now, but I still find
> > > there's a bit too much info for me.  How does one
> > > implement a "killthread script"?
> >
> > In mutt, type "?"  That shows ^D is mapped to delete thread
> > (at least here it is).
> >
> ahh... I sort of thought that what was meant by "killthread"
> was a way to pre-emptively kill messages from a particular
> thread before they appear (ideally), this would either be done
> after procmail delivers the mail, or through some kind of
> dynamic addition to .procmailrc).
>
> Deleting threads is a good start, but with some of the
> super-active threads on this list or (say)
> users@openoffice.org, deleting a thread just lets it show up
> again later on.
>
> does anyone have some kind of script they've developed for htis
> purpose?

I just use a procmail recipe for any thread I want to kill, e.g.
:0 D :
* ^Subject.*empty boot log
/dev/null                                  # will go to /dev/null

I also have an alias to 'vim ~/.procmailrc' so that I can invoke
my procmail filter file quickly when I need to.

HTH,
Raymond
--
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought under the name