Re: en_CA? [was Re: www.gnu.org, glibcbug, bug@gnu.org, dpkg-reconfigure locales]

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 02:24:01PM -0700, s. keeling wrote:

> I don't know, no, no, and yes.  US does mo/day/yr, we do day/mo/yr
> (when we're not doing yyyy-mm-dd (iso).  Are spelling dictionaries
> affected by locale?  Dunno.

Oi, the date format is endlessly confusing if you're American and you
happen to prefer the non-American way, *and* do computers enough to
think in the iso way.

My most recent rent check, which I wrote last week on the 3rd of
January, I wrote "04 Jan 03", saw how messed up that was, and scribbled
a litle "20" in front of the "04".  My landlady came by and thought I'd
written the year wrong :-)