Trying to set up booting from a software RAID1

Hi,

I have just installed Debian onto a new Dell Poweredge 2650. I want to boot
and mount root from a software RAID1 device. I have got everything up and
running except for the last bit... Booting from the RAID device.

If my lilo.conf contains

boot=/dev/sda
root=/dev/md0

Everything is fine, however when I change this to

boot=/dev/md0
root=/dev/md0

(and run lilo and reboot)

Then the machine hangs without even loading lilo. I have been though many
mail archives, and this subject has come up a lot, however it doesn't seem
to work for me.

Does anybody have any ideas? Presumably in its current configuration, my
machine won't reboot if sda goes down?

Thanks for any help

adam

believed to be clean.