Re: empty boot log

Hello Hugo!

-> bootlogd...
On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 07:59:14AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
None of that exists in Woody 3.0r1. And you cannot use apt-file with
CD's. So a possibility is changing sources.list to Woody, getting rid
of the CD entries, doing an update and then using apt-file and then
putting everything back again. A lot of work to find out where
bootlogd went ;-)

$ wget http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/Debian3.0r2/Contents-i386.gz
[...]
$ zgrep -e bootlogd Contents-i386.gz
usr/share/doc/sysvinit/examples/bootlogd        base/sysvinit
$

Only this 'example'-script and no /sbin/bootlogd in Woody? Strange...

But a short quote from /usr/share/doc/sysvinit/examples/bootlogd/README
|Some of them are not really "examples" but I had to stuff some
|default scripts somewhere..

OK, I cannot tell where the bootlogd you had came from, sorry...

Cheers,
Flo