Re: empty boot log

Hello Peter!

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 07:49:44PM -0500, Peter McAlpine wrote:
On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 19:01, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
I no longer have a /var/log/boot although I remember having one, what does its presence depend on?

Hugo.

[19:47]-pmcalpin@pitc:~$ dpkg -S /var/log/boot
dpkg: /var/log/boot not found.

oh.

Maybe when I dist-upgraded to unstable it changed. What do you suppose
the method used to log my boot msgs is now?

/var/log/boot is created by bootlogd from initscripts / sysvinit, but
recently (since 2.85-8) this logging is turned off by default, see
the changelogs for details.
You can turn it on again by editing /etc/default/bootlogd.

HTH,
Flo