Re: Startup script ?

Marc Hultquist wrote:

 Ok well using apt-get through the proxy here at work, finally started
 working, basically I had to import a global variable I.E export
 http_proxy="blabla/"

 Now what I wanted to ask, is how do I create a startup script in
 Debian, so that whenever the machine is re-started, rebooted or
 anything like that, that when it boots again that it will get the
 http_proxy for its global variable ? I.E where do I put the script
 and how do I make it so that the script is run everytime the machine
 restarts ?

It may not be the canonical place, but I would probably put it in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh

 This message is privileged and confidential and intended for the
 addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient you may not
 disclose, copy or in any way use or publish the content hereof, which
 is subject to copyright.

Gee, I hope I was the intended addressee . . .    :-(