Re: KVM switch recomendation?

Todd Pytel wrote:

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:29:06 +0100
John Stevenson <john.stevenson@objectcore.co.uk> wrote:

Well, I have a Belkin SOHO 4-port (PS/2) that exhibits X issues. If
I'm using a wheel mouse (IMPS/2) and switch ports, the mouse goes
crazy. One generally knowledgeable person hinted that USB mice might
not have such an issue, but did not have any hard evidence to that
effect.

I have been using a Belkin OmniCube 4-Port KVM for about 2 years
without any of these problems.  However, I do not use a wheel mouse
with the KVM and only use PS/2 keboard and mouse.

As far as I've been able to ascertain, the problem is specific to the
IMPS/2 (wheel mouse) protocol. Regular PS/2 mice work fine, as do wheel
mice if you force PS/2 protocol, and thus lose the wheel ability.

I had been told that there was an error with these KVM's when using a wheel mouse. I had also been told that you could download a script to fix this error. Unfortunately I never looked into this and so cannot confirm if this is true.

Well, that is interesting! I've barely been able to find anything about
the problem at all, certainly not anything like a solution. I would be
willing to dig around some more, though - if I could get this KVM
working perfectly, I would be very happy. Do you remember even where you
might have heard this?
Sorry, it was just word-of-mouth talk about the KVM. I guess there maybe was something on their site two years ago, but as they seem to have stopped supporting this particular version it would be hard to track down a fix.

Johnny.