Re: nForce 2 and Woody: How can I achieve a network install and what functionality is available without the nVidia drivers?

Roberto Sanchez wrote:

Then you did nat have an nForce ethernet card.  The nForce ethernet card
requires a binary driver from nVidia, or the forcedeth driver (only
developed in the last few weeks).

I'm using an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe MB, which uses the nForce chipset and has 2 built-in NICs. One of the NICs is a 3COM, and the other is an nForce. The nForce NIC is connected directly to the cable modem, and the 3Com NIC is connected to the LAN.

It's possible that my initial Internet connectivity was due to the 3COM NIC getting an IP address from the 98 box that is also connected to the cable modem (via USB); but I don't know for certain.

Anyway, with that configuration, I was able to install the nForce drivers from nVidia's site with no problem; and now for certain, the nForce NIC is indeed serving its purpose as my connection to the cable modem.