Re: nForce 2 and Woody: How can I achieve a network install and what functionality is available without the nVidia drivers?

Joseph Jones wrote:
I am very much a newbie, I'm at about the level where I'm starting to mess with backports and can compile my own kernel as per the instructions in the newbiedoc (just).

How can I do a network install of Woody on an nForce 2 motherboard? I'm guessing I would need to compile a kernel with the forcedeth patch. How do I do this, if possible, with the 2.4.20 kernel (which is what I generally use)? If not possible with the 2.4.20, could I have instructions for whichever kernel version it is possible with?

I simply installed using the Knoppix CD (knx-install or something like that), and that gave me network connectivity just fine. Once I was up and running that way, I was able to install the nForce drivers as per the instructions on nVidia's site.