Re: Semi-new to linux, couple questions...

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 14:48, Victor Varsanyi wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>   After tying a few distroes i've settled on debian.  I have a couple
> questions: firstly can anyone recommend a good webcam that has drivers
> available for linux?  Also I just upgraded my kernel to 2.6.0 and gnome
> to 2.2, when playing mp3's in xmms they sound like crap, but if i play
> them with totem they sound just fine, any ideas (SiS sound card set up
> as an ALSA device, with OSS emulation)?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Victor Varsanyi

Hello Victor
	I use both a 3Com-homeconnect and a Dlink DSB-C100 webcam. The modules
listed are vicam, usbvideo, videodev,& usbcore.The module for the DSB
C-100 is OV511. Both webcams are discontinued though you should be able
to find them on ebay. Sorry I have no information on current webcams.
note- I am not running 2.6
Good Luck