Re: ATI Radeon driver + Linux2.6?

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 the mental interface of
Rob Sims told:

> On Tuesday 06 January 2004 10:39 am, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> > The ATI 3.7.0 driver works out of the box.  The open source
> > DRI drivers also work great.
>
> Does the open driver support DRI and dual heads simultaneously?  DRI
> doesn't work with Xinerama.  The proprietary driver provides a single
> framebuffer mode to allow dual head and DRI.  If the open driver does
> do this, where do I get it?  The ones in the X package seem to have the
> DRI/dual head exclusion.

1st you have to check your radeon chip. Not all cards are supported
from http://dri.sourceforge.net. Please check also the list archive
at http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=6511.

Ciao

Elimar

--
  Obviously the human brain works like a computer.
  Since there are no stupid computers humans can't be stupid.