Re: ATI Radeon driver + Linux2.6?

On Monday 05 January 2004 05:30 pm, Björn Johansson wrote:
> I've recently installed a 2.6.0 kernel, and I have a problem
> with the graphics in X. The problem is that I can't succesfully
> recompile the fglrx driver, so the system uses MESA instead
> of the graphic libraries provided by the official ATI package.
>
> Is it possible to use the Ati FireGL drivers with 2.6?

Check for instructions (and a patch) on www.rage3d.com, in the Linux
forum.  I got 3.2.8 to compile with those instructions.  Initially, I
had errors when starting kdm (and many other apps) that caused X to
exit; the logs showed entries like "Can't register
SecondaryColorxxxEXT."  Fixed by removing /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so,
which was not provided by the ATI drivers; libGL.so.1 was.

Also, you must be actively running the desired kernel to compile the
module using ATI's script.  Run the installation from a text-mode
window with the modules radeon and radeonfb not loaded.
--
Rob