Mozilla and Fetchmail

I recently upgraded to Debian/Linux 2.4.23-1-686, Mozilla 1.5.3 and fetchmail 6.2.4.  I have been having difficulty with not being able to type anything into the mozilla browser.  If I try to enter a URL, the application 'freezes' and I have to kill the process.  The fetchmail has a SMTP error with a Query status=10 which if I understand this correctly is a problem locally with SMTP.  In reading it appears that fetchmail uses a MTA not a MDA.  I have exim which I guess is a MDA?  Anyway I would really like to get these two applications working.  Anyone have a suggestions on what to read or where to look?
Thanks
Michael

Michael Cole
936 Josephine Crescent