Re: ATI Radeon driver + Linux2.6?

Björn Johansson wrote:
Hello!

I've recently installed a 2.6.0 kernel, and I have a problem
with the graphics in X. The problem is that I can't succesfully
recompile the fglrx driver, so the system uses MESA instead
of the graphic libraries provided by the official ATI package.

Is it possible to use the Ati FireGL drivers with 2.6?

This is what happens when I try to compile the fglrx:

cd /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/
./make.sh

Initializing...
Probing for VMA API version...
Check result are inconsistent!!!
none of the probed versions did succeed.
Aborting module build.

With the 2.4.22 kernel this firegl works very good.

Björn Johansson
bjorn.johansson@4a-consulting.com

ATI's 3.7.0 version of fglrx work fine in 2.6 kernels (I am running it
now on 2.6.1-rc1-mm2).  But I have never seen the error you describe.

-Roberto