Re: fetchmail not deleting mail's that have already been downloaded ?

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 10:42:55AM +0000, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (06/01/04 12:19), Gregory Machin wrote:
> > Fetchmail is not deleting mail's that have already been downloaded ?
> > all seem's to go fine until 291 / 296 which gives the following error.
> In my limited experience of fetchmail, I found it to work as follows:
>
> When I was setting fetchmail up, I had "options keep" in my fetchmailrc
> file to make sure that I could still access mail on the server should I
> have a problem.  Once I was confident that all was working OK
> (mailfilter, fetchmail, exim and mutt) I removed the keep option.
> However, when I checked the server after download, there were still a
> bunch of messages on there.  I then put "options flush" in the rc file
> which cleared all the backlog messages.  I was then able top remove the
> flush option and mail continues to be removed from the server after
> download.

>From "man fetchmail": (option is capital K, small k will keep)

 -K | --nokeep
              (Keyword:  nokeep)  Delete  retrieved  messages  from
              the remote
              mailserver.  This option forces retrieved mail  to  be
              deleted.
              It may be useful if you have specified a default of keep
              in your
              .fetchmailrc.  This option is forced on with ETRN and
              ODMR.