Re: ifconfig eth0 shows errors building

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:22:27 -0700
Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com> wrote:

> On Monday 05 January 2004 01:20 pm, Jacob S. wrote:
>
> > I've had similar errors with several Rev. 5 LNE100TX cards that
> > looked like you describe. I tried kernels 2.2.15, 2.2.19, 2.4.18 as
> > well as the latest drivers from www.scyld.com and ifconfig always
> > showed the same thing. The cards and network connection have always
> > worked fine for me, it just looks bad when you run ifconfig.
>
> Define "fine"... what was your max throughput on those cards?  I
> highly doubt those aren't real errors.  Ethernet's just pretty
> forgiving.  Can you really push full data rate with those kinds of
> errors showing up?  I highly doubt it.

Fine = No noticeable difference in speed vs. other computers and network
cards that aren't exhibiting the problem.

I don't have any logs I can show from it right now, but in my case it
looked like data was being shown in the wrong columns, not that anything
was malfunctioning. The OP has already responded and their situation was
obviously not the same as what I described. Nonetheless, my problem was
not specific to just one of my network cards, but all of the
LNE100TX Rev. 5 Linksys cards I had at that time.

Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Slight disorientation after prolonged system uptime is normal for new
Linux users. Please do not adjust your browser.