Startup errors on kernel 2.6.0 upgrade

I come across the following errors when booting into kernel 2.6.0 with woody
and have so far neither found an explanation nor solution.

1) Serial port:
Despite directly enabling non-standard serial port support and serial drivers
for 8250/16550 compatible serial ports in the kernel configuratin file, I
still can't get /dev/ttyS0 & /dev/ttyS1 to function. See error message(s)
below.

 /dev/ttyS0: No such device
 modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command for serial

 /dev/ttyS1: No such device
 modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command for serial

2) Network & routing
This is not entirely specific to 2.6.0. I created a file '00route' in
/etc/network/if-up.d to add a route to a remote network on start-up but get
the following response during network configuration.

 Configuring network interfaces: SIOCADDRT: No such device
 run-parts: /etc/network/if-up.d/00route exited with return code 7
 SIOCADDRT: File exists
 done.

At the long run, I get the network configured and the route added. The
contents of file (well, script) 00route are as follows:
  route add -net 145.26.106.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 dev eth0

3) DNS (Bind9)
See self explanatory error messages below. Previously with kernel 2.6.0-test8,
these lines would be splashed on console every 5 or so seconds. With kernel
2.6.0 they are gracefully logged in /var/log/syslog. I have absolutely no
clue on 'resolving' symptoms of the problem at hand.

 process 'named' is using obsolute setsockopt SO_BSDCOMPAT
 process 'lwresd' is using obsolute setsockopt SO_BSDCOMPAT
 process 'rndc' is using obsolute setsockopt SO_BSDCOMPAT

4) Process T0
Left my machine on overnight and had the ensuing message all over the console
the following morning. Have no idea what process T0 is but just hoping my
machine has not been compromised.

 INIT: Id "T0" respawning too fast: disable for 5 minutes

I shall appreciate whatever help I get. Thanks & regards,

--

Alphonse Ogulla
Nairobi, Kenya