Re: Env-locale problems

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 04:58:50PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 03:54:29PM +0100, David Baron wrote:
> > Most everything I try to do, packages, compiles, etc., kick on the env locale.
> >
> > They say make sure your environment has (and the kernel supports):
> > LANG=en_ENus
> > LC not set
> > LANGUAGE=en_us
>
> en_US, not either en_ENus or en_us. Also make sure you've enabled that

IIRC, en_US is the canonical version, but at the end of the day, the
capitalization doesn't matter, nor do some non-alphabetical characters.
They are treated equally by the C library routines.  I poke around the
manpages, but was unable to verify this.  Am I wrong, Colin?

--
Jan Minar                   "Please don't CC me, I'm subscribed." x 7