fetchyahoo and non-iso8859-1 texts (perl and internalization)

I am using fetchyahoo to fetch my mail of yahoo to a local machine.
The problem is that I am currently suspecting it of failing to download
hebrew emails properly. All such emails I get are all ??? and other
people receiving the same mail when its a group mail don't have the
same problems (some of them also on yahoo).
fetchyahoo is a perl script that just connects to yahoo via the web
interface and downloads the emails that way.
Any idea how I would go about making it 8-bit encoding friendly ?
(possible also utf8 since most such mail originates on windows in my
case)

Thanx