Re: growisofs ejects when finished

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 15:38, Jeffrey Barish wrote:
> I am using growisofs to backup to DVD.  Whenever growisofs finishes
> writing, it ejects the DVD.  At that point, the DVD is obviously no
> longer mounted.

Hmm, was the (presumably blank) disk mounted to begin with? I would
rather doubt it...

> I would like for the DVD to remain mounted  so that
> subsequent backups don't cost one mount (since, as I recall, each mount
> counts as a write).

I doubt very much that this is the case... You have to mount the disc to
read it, if dvd+rw has a fixed limit on the number of times you can read
the data, it would have gone the way of divx

> Is there a way to do that with growisofs?  Should
> I use another program instead to write to DVD?  (I'm using DVD+RW, but
> my drive supports DVD-RW also.

I use growisofs for backing up a lot of static data and have had no
problems with it.
--
Mark Roach