CUPS update = lpr trouble from mozilla/galeon

Hello,

Having returned to my keyboard after the Holiday break, I updated my
testing/unstable system to CUPSYS 1.1.20candidate6-6. Following that
printing did no longer work - 'lpr -Plj2200' in the galeon printer
field resulted in a printed message stating that "The Postscript
interpreter in [my] printer is 2014.116" and that "This printout
requires at least version 2015 or greater". The message also gives a
workaround:
'gs -q -sDEVICE=pswrite -SOutputFile=- -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH
-dMozConvertedToLevel2=true - | lpr -Plj2200' in the printer field is
supposed to fix the problem. BUT if I use that I get a printout where
aside from punctuation marks all characters are replaced by an empty
rectangle.

Printing the web page in question to a file first doesn't make a
difference - gv shows the treaded rectangles.

Please let me know if you have any insight into what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks, Joh