Re: X fonts problem

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 03:46:11PM +0100, Olivier Sirven wrote:
> > Rob Weir wrote an excellent font guide:
> > http://egads.ertius.org/~rob/font_guide.txt
> > strategies for business
> Yes, I've already read it but itr didn't help me to find my problem....I still
Same here.
> can't find fixed-jis fonts....

I know few Japanese fonts are removed from testing/unstable.  stable
still contain them.  (some fontset has some section brutally removed in
the hurry.)

This is because these fonts had some dubious history and no one want to
be a maintainer distributing them.  (legally seems OK but ...)

No real problem seen here other than annoying console screen.

Osamu