Re: Can't configure xserver-xfree86: no stored checksum available

On 04 Jan 2004, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 10:07:49AM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > I'm trying to configure xserver-xfree86 (4.2.1-12.1 on my Toshiba
> > Satellite.
> >
> > I keep getting the error message:
> >
> > 	Note: not updating /etc/X11/X; no stored checksum available.
> > 	Note: not updating /etc/X11/XF86Config-4; no stored checksum
> > 	available.
>
> That doesn't look like an error message to me; it looks like a note.
> Does it actually terminate the installation of the package?

No; it does install but I then can't generate an XF86Config-4 file.

However, I now seem to have managed to do so with XFree86 -configure,
although for some reason it insisted on my installing libglide2 first.
The new file isn't quite right but at least it brings up X.

A.

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic