Re: chroot for packaging

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 06:47:25PM -0800, Nano Nano wrote:
> I'm dumb and lazy: I want a chroot'd woody so I can identify
> build-depends for my own debian package (basically a GTK 2 app).

Use pbuilder. For build-depends I wouldn't bother with woody, though; as
far as new packages are concerned sid is more interesting. (A chroot's
still useful.)

> (1) What is an authoritative source that tells me how to do this and (2)
> what do I do after running dh-make to specify the depends after I
> install them?

If you mean build-depends, you work them out based on what the build
process uses. There are unreliable means to guess, but build-depends
really should be calculated by a human.

Cheers,