Re: ls nitpick

Russ Schneider wrote:
When you do an ls on Debian, you see something like the following:
file1  file2  file3  dir1
dir2   file4

etc.

When you do the same on Mandrake, you get
file1  file2  file3  dir1/
dir2/  file4

You see how there's a / at the end of each directory name, making it
really easy to tell at a glance what's a directory and what's not?

Any way to config Debian's ls to do that? I realize it's just a nitpick, but I am curious.

In your .bashrc file you can enable console colors. It's not the same, but it's a way to differentiate different types of files (the default is dir's re a bluish color, executables are green, plain files (html, txt, mp3's etc.) are white/gray and archives are red).

--
Joseph A. Nagy, Jr.
Student at Motlow State Community College