Re: Setting up a mail server

G'dday Bjorn,

Try:

lifewithqmail.org - this should give you a running mail server in a couple of hours

Once your mail server is running, following section 5.2.1 of lifewithqmail.org will give you an integrated pop server.

Then http://lifewithbincimap.org/index.php/Main/LifeWithBincIMAP will give you an imap server that feels pretty integrated.

What sort of relaying were you after?  Section 3.2 of lifewithqmail.org shows how to set up relaying from fixed ips in a painless manner.  http://untroubled.org/relay-ctrl/ shows how to set up relaying for clients who authorize via pop or imap.  This link describes how to have relay-ctrl work with bincimap http://www.mail-archive.com/lists-bincimap@infeline.org/msg00709.html.

There's a fair bit of information and links to resources on spam filtering at:

http://www.chrishardie.com/tech/qmail/qmail-antispam.html

Andy.