Re: problem with awstats

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 09:52:23AM +0800, Jiele wrote:
> Hi, guys,
>     Installed Awstats (Version: 5.6-1), works fine. However, I just
> noticed that it only generates monthly report. So when a new month
> starts, all the past statistics are gone, and everything starts from 0
> (e.g. number of visits, domains/countries, etc).
>     One possible way is to generate a new report when a new month
> starts, but what I want is to see all the historical data from a single
> report.

Not sure if I understand your question so take this advice
with a grain of salt.

I run a cron job every morning at 8am:

0 8 * * *    /usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -config=yourdomain.com -update

Check man crontab for more information.

All the data is preserved.  I just checked and was able to see
all the data from 2003.  Pretty cool program.

This bit may be what you are looking for....
now, if you want to catch up on all the access.logs, what I did
was cat them into each other using >> (append) and came out
with one big giant log.  Then I ran the update and was able
to capture all the data from the beginning.

-Andy