Re: depmod -a yields: WARNING: Loop detected

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 03:16:14AM -0500, lloyd <subscr002@twilight-systems.com> wrote:
> WARNING: Loop detected: <snip path>/ide-iops.ko needs ide.ko which needs
> ide-iops.ko again!
 In the past I could ignore an error like this, but it might be because
I don't needed that module in real.

> WARNING: Module <snip path>/usb-storage.ko ignored, due to loop
>   FATAL: Module usb_storage not found.
>
> ...which i suspect is related to the loop problem.
 Sure, compare the above two lines.

> i've got module-init-tools version 3.0-pre2
 Try to upgrade it, IMHO pre3 is also available by now.

> any ideas??
 Other: try 2.6.0-rc1, and 2.6.0-rc1-mm1 as well if the problem
persists.

Cheers,
GCS