Re: e100 or eepro100?

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 03:17:37AM -0500, lloyd <subscr002@twilight-systems.com> wrote:
> does it matter which of these network card drivers i use?
 Yup, at least until both are working for you. For a while, I thought
eepro100 is a newer driver, until recently I had to help out a friend of
mine with a Toshiba laptop. The e100 driver in Woody could not detect
the network card, so I have upgraded the kernel to 2.4.23 on that
machine. When I have loaded the e100 driver that seemed newer, also it
seems Intel donated some code into it (?).

GCS