Re: install debian and orinoco_pci?

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 15:34:57 +0000, Lucian Wischik wrote:

> If it is necessary to recompile modules or kernel myself, could anyone
> point to some step-by-step guides for a complete beginner? I've
> googled enough to find some guides, but they all assume more knowledge
> than I have at the moment. (nb. I'm an experienced C/C++ developer
> under windows, but just don't know how and where debian things fit
> together.)
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Per Anthony's post, it's very simple.

Here is another guide which I found useful when I was a Linux
kernel-compiling virgin :)

Have fun.  To continue with my virgin metaphor, it only hurts the first
time, and once you get the hang of it, you'll want to do it all the time :)

Programming without a hex editor is like watchmaking without a hammer.