Re: install debian and orinoco_pci?

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 15:34:57 +0000, Lucian Wischik wrote:

> If it is necessary to recompile modules or kernel myself, could anyone
> point to some step-by-step guides for a complete beginner? I've
> googled enough to find some guides, but they all assume more knowledge
> than I have at the moment. (nb. I'm an experienced C/C++ developer
> under windows, but just don't know how and where debian things fit
> together.)
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Per Anthony's post, it's very simple.

Here is another guide which I found useful when I was a Linux
kernel-compiling virgin :)

http://myrddin.org/howto/debian-kernel-recompile.html

Have fun.  To continue with my virgin metaphor, it only hurts the first
time, and once you get the hang of it, you'll want to do it all the time :)

--

Programming without a hex editor is like watchmaking without a hammer.