Re: Problem With Getting Printer To Print

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 06:15, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:
> I'm using foomatic (although I have many other print services at my
> disposal if I need them) to install a local and networked printer. The
> local printer is a Canon BJC-2100 and is detected just fine. The only
> problem is when I send it the test page, it won't print! I spent about
> 30 minutes toying with it trying to figure out how to get it to print
> but nothing seemed to work. So I set it to default and moved on to
> installing the networked printer. It was detected kinda okay. Had to
> select make and model (Epson Stylus 785) but it won't print thet test
> page, either.

>From this page, I gathered that printing on the Canon BJC-2100 can be
really really slow. Try leaving for up to ten minutes to see how well
things go, and of course, check your ELMP (Errors, Log Files, Man(ual)
pages, and Permissions).
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-BJC-2100

How is the Epson Stylus connected? Is it connected to a windows
computer, ethernet, or through CUPs on a unix box?

Regards
Edward