Re: Warning mounting ext3 as ext2

<<To get a list of filesystems supported by your kernel, from the command
line type;
cat /proc/filesystems

So here it the output of this:
nodev   rootfs
nodev   bdev
nodev   proc
nodev   sockfs
nodev   tmpfs
nodev   shm
nodev   pipefs
        ext2
nodev   ramfs
        vfat
        iso9660
nodev   devpts
nodev   usbdevfs
nodev   usbfs
        msdos
        ntfs
        ext3
nodev   autofs#

Can I assume that ext3 is, as I suspected, supported here?

I notice there are several fsck flavors around includeing the fsck we run
manually (hopefully I no longer need to use it) and an e2fsck which may be
the one running on boot (and maybe giving that warning). There are also
fsck.*****  files for each file system as well.

BTW, Knoppix is a Debian distribution. Knoppix provides a CD image and
autoconfigures a KDE desktop. I apologize for any duplicated off-list
mailings. I am not clear as to what should be on-list and what is better
off-list.