Re: [OT[UnOfficial Unsubscribe FAQ

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 09:49:47 -0600, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:

> Since many people fail to read the instructions at the end of list
> mails, I am providing an unofficial Unsubscribe FAQ

> You send your request, with the word "Unsubscribe" in the subject line,
> to debian-<some-list>-request@lists.debian.org
>
> 2. But what if I send it to just debian-<some-list>@lists.debian.org?
>
> I'll ..... you.

Joseph,

Given the current security climate, it's quite possible that your last
remark has caused your mail to end up in the inbox of some spook who might
also read your sig and add two and two to get five.

I'm not sure which is scarier:  the bad guys or the supposedly good guys.

--

Programming without a hex editor is like watchmaking without a hammer.