Re: :::Debian Network Help:::

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 09:12:44 -0600
Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

> >>         1394 Net Adapter
> >>         Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
> things simpler, I'd remove the 1394 NIC and just do the install
with
> the Intel NIC, which should use the eepro100 module I believe. After
> you have your network working with that NIC, you can put the 1394 back
> in and work on getting it configured if necessary.
Hi
Well, the first one is a virtual nw adapter created by windows for
network over firewire, witch is as far as i know not supported by
standard debian kernel.
For the Intel one: I also have a Intel(R) PRO/100 VE in my notebook and
had to use the preliminary bootfloppies from here:
http://people.debian.org/~blade/bf3024
,because I wasnt able to get it running with the bf2.4 2.4.18ner kernel.
I havent tried knoppix on it though. For now it seems that the url from
above is dead at the moment I think (since the debian server
compromise). But since I didn't have any problem with any more recent
kernel (2.4.22 and above, though up to 2.4.23 with -ac patches) knoppic
should work I think. Mayby this helps

yours
Albert

--