Re: Upgrading from stable to testing with apt-get?

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 09:28:43 +0100, Jan Minar wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 03:41:05PM -0500, Paul Morgan wrote:
>> And yes, it's a hack (to get around limited space in the boot sector), but
>> it works OK.
>
> It shouldn't go unnoticed, that the boot sector is a hack, too.  Not to
> mention BIOS, which is the thing why the MBR _has_ to be there.

Not to mention IBM getting us stuck in the first place with the awful
Intel segmented memory hack... (well, it's a hack to me and it generated a
lot more hacks to get around the disadvantages)

...don't get me started...

:->

--

Programming without a hex editor is like watchmaking without a hammer.