woody upgrade/update path

Hi all,

I have to install spamassassin (and likely some sort of virus filtreing -
amavis or so) on a handful of debian woody mailservers.  Also, I need to add
hylafax server to them all.

The servers can't go down, at least not longer than a restart if it really has
to, so I have to find a way to update the necessary packages.

apt-get install gives me spamassassin 2.2, while I would like to have 2.6.x

So far I've need to upgrade libc6, tiff, perl (between spamassasin and
hylafax).  apt-get doesn't automatically do these deps

What is the best and safest (as far as upgrading production servers goes) way
to upgrade these machines?

Thank you
kind regards
Hans du Plooy