Re: [OT] voting

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 11:12:09 -0700, s. keeling wrote:

> Incoming from Paul Morgan:

>> > And when you view the watchmaker as a watch do you see an infinite
>> > regression of watchmakers?
>>
>> 1.  I don't view the watchmaker "as a watch".
>> 2.  The watchmaker is extrauniversal by definition, and anything
>> extrauniversal is unknowable.  Cause and effect may be a local phenomenon.
>
> Anything extrauniversal can have no effect on that universe.  Variable
> is out of scope.  That much is knowable.
>
> Hence, existence or not of proposed watchmaker is irrelevant to
> anything inside that universe.  See "Brief History of Time" - Hawking.

You, too are incorrect (IMO, of course).  And again perfectly entitled to
your beliefs. I have arrived at mine through decades of reading (including
Hawking) and thinking, and I am disinclined to argue.  I have no desire to
convince anyone of anything.

As I said in my original post, it is simply a personal view, hoping
thereby to avoid attack or argument.

--

"Don't be so humble.  You're not that great."
(Golda Meir)