Re: Where to get the new installer?

Hi Richard,

Richard Lyons <richard@the-place.net> wrote:

>[··]
>
>My experience with Knoppix was excellent.  I used it on two systems
>(laptop and desktop) and both are now mostly unstable - only bit of
>knoppix obviously remaining being the X splashscreen.  It certainly
>solved some hardware issues for me - and a lot of time.
ok, great. All there is left is the splash? Nothing nasty with different /etc or kernel compiles? Ok, I just read on debian-announce that the system will be back on really soon. If that is not going to happen tomorrow I'll give the knoppix hd installer a shot and try to work on the X issue.

Cheers,
Mariano