Re: odd: gv *very* slow while view ps file from dvips

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 12:03:43AM -0500, H. S. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am compiling a latex source file(just 2 page resume) in Debian
> (Unstable) and when I try to magnify a certian area in the resulting ps
> file the new magnified widow of gv takes ages to come up. This behavior
> was not so in Redhat. In other words, same LaTeX file, same dvips
> command, but magnification in gv is faster in Redhat and very slow in
> Debian.
>
> Since I am new to Debian, I may have missed some setting(s). Tips?
> Suggestions?

What version of gv do you use in redhat- is there a difference? Do you
have the same problem with any other PS files? Would you be willing to
share your resume with others to see if the problem can be reproduced?
Do you have the same problem using another postscript viewer (e.g. ggv)?
What about viewing the dvi prior to conversion (xdvi, advi)? Does
antialiasing on/off make a difference?

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/