Re: [OT] Slashdot and media accuracy (was Re: Improved Debian Project Emergency Communications)

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 12:29:59PM -0500, Paul Morgan wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 06:41:04 -0800, Tom wrote:
>

> > I'll agree Fox is for the stupid, but it's better than 40 movies being
> > made about the president getting some poon on the side :-)
> >

> I have this persistent vision of a retired World Leaders' cocktail party,
> with a conversation whcih goes something like this:
>
> "Hi, I'm Yiztak and I won a Nobel Peace Prize.  This is Yassir, and he won
> one too."
>
> "Pleased to meet you.  I'm Bill and I got a hummer in the Oval Office of
> the White House."
>
> silence.
>
> I mean, that pretty much trumps everything, doesn't it?

I think JFK + Marilyn Monroe probably tops it.  Or Frank Sinatra + Nancy
Reagan (but only 'cause Frank was so cool).

OTOH, you have to respect Bill falling for the paper bag types.  I can
sure identify...

Some other great stories I've heard are Willie Nelson smoking a joint on
the roof of the whitehouse, the Grateful Dead snorting coke in the
whitehouse bathroom while the Secret Service were around, and Elvis
tripping on LSD with Nixon.

There's a great book out now called "First off the Tee" about all the
presidents and their golf games.  You'd be surprised how much the
stereotypes are true.  Kennedy was the best golfer.  Clinton cheats like
hell on the course and makes you go along with it...

Saw it on Cspan.