Re: [OT] Slashdot and media accuracy (was Re: Improved Debian Project Emergency Communications)

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 06:41:04 -0800, Tom wrote:

> I'll agree Fox is for the stupid, but it's better than 40 movies being
> made about the president getting some poon on the side :-)

I have this persistent vision of a retired World Leaders' cocktail party,
with a conversation whcih goes something like this:

"Hi, I'm Yiztak and I won a Nobel Peace Prize.  This is Yassir, and he won
one too."

"Pleased to meet you.  I'm Bill and I got a hummer in the Oval Office of
the White House."

silence.

I mean, that pretty much trumps everything, doesn't it?

<grin>

--

"The average lifespan of a Web page today is 100 days. This is no way to
run a culture."

Internet Archive Board Chairman