Re: OT Tape backup recomendations

You say you want a "new backup system," and did not specify it should
be tape.

I recommend that you consider an external USB drive for backups. It is
the cheapest method you could use in terms of cost/mb, and does not
run the danger of proprietary standards (I've got a bunch of old OS/2
DAT tapes I'd like to access, but that will not be easy, no longer
having the commercial software, etc.). With tapes, you are probably
stuck using the one machine that has the drive, while an external
drive can be moved to any machine.

Haines Brown