Re: [ot] Linux gender in French

Le Dimanche 2 Novembre 2003 07:20, Bijan Soleymani a déclamé :
> > Hmmm... what exactly does the word "Linux" sound like in French?
> The Li is kind of like Lee,
> the nux is kind of like nooks.

 It seems that people speaking only English can't pronounce the 'u' the
way we use it - does not seem to exist in English. This is the same as
the 'ü' in German if it can help someone (we're the only language to
pronounce 'u' that way...)

--
Christophe Courtois - Ostwald, Alsace, France
http://www.courtois.cc/ - Clé PGP : 0F33E837