Re: Slow linux.bin

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 08:48, - _ r a r o h _ - wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> installed woody with booting from floppy - it takes 4 minutes to read
> the floppy. I hear the movement of the floppy some 20 seconds ...
>
> Any idea how to fix ?

4 minutes to read a 1.44MB floppy?  That was dog slow even in 1990.

Have you looked in /var/log/syslog?  Did you hear the FDD clicking
and whining like it there's a bad sector on the disk?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment
by men of zeal, well-meaning, but without understanding."
Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)