Re: Apt-get: move from cdrom to online-sources

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 10:23:07PM -0500, Haines Brown said
> Greg,
>
> Your information of great help, but only leads to more questions.
>
> 1. Where does one read about such specifics as the need to have a
>    security source to do an upgrade?

No, the security source is for security updates.  Stable itself is only
very occasionally updated with fixes for extremely serious bugs.

Useful guides to read include: Debian Quick Reference
(http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/reference.en.html), NewbieDoc
(http://newbiedoc.sf.net/) and basically anything else listed on
http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:     Taiwan Mossad Semtex Lon Horiuchi smuggle mailbomb Consul