Re: font fix found, but how to make it stick?

I found this to be quite informative:

	http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/debian-devel-200109/msg01570.html

My best fix so far has been to wipe any ISO10646 font files that
also come in an ISO8859 version by doing this:

  # delete the files listed here...
  find /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts \
    | grep ISO8859-1 | egrep '/misc|(75|100)dpi/' \
    | sed -e 's/-ISO8859-1//' |
    while read f; do
      [ ! -f $f ] && continue
      zcat $f | grep -q ISO10646 && echo $f
    done

  # refresh...
  for fdir in misc 75dpi 100dpi ; do
    update-fonts-dir $fdir
  done

It fixes my app.  I have not found any broken apps yet...

- Tor