Re: Lost Access to Logon Profiles after upgrade to samba 3 Beta 2

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002 10:24:21 -0500 Doug MacFarlane wrote:

> My Debian Sarge "testing" box got upgraded from Samba 2.2.6, I
> believe, to Samba 3 Beta 2 in the latest dist-upgrade supplied spate

One thing's for sure, you got balls... Didn't the change in the major
version number ring any alarm bells?

> of updates (90+, and I missed Sambe being in there . . . ).

Fair enough. You're fired :)

> Not a big deal except that now I have lost access to the logon
> profiles directories at logon time.
>
> It's a basic Samba setup.  Uses Unix passwords and Unix accounts, etc.
>  Nothing fancy - no virtual accounts or anything like that.  Samba
>  server is running as the PDC.  Been bullet-proof.

Long shot here (I haven't upgraded my Samba installation yet), but my
premilinary documentation browsing showed some config and operation
changes concerning the authentication area.

See http://us1.samba.org/samba/devel/docs/html/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html
chapter "Account Information Databases", config options 'passdb backend'
and 'auth methods'. Also chapter "Upgrading from Samba-2.x to Samba-3.0.0"

Anyway, that's what I expect to have trouble with when I upgrade.

Cheers,

--
Carlos Sousa
http://vbc.dyndns.org/