Re: bf24 and usb problems

Hello

amg (<ph33rful@optonline.net>) wrote:

> That being said, I am currently having a problem getting the
> installation to work properly. Once the hard-drives and some other
> stuff gets recognized, it discovers the USB ports, and then does
> nothing else except discover the USB ports over and over again.
>
> It's gets errors, lots of errors (can't catch any numbers, or anything
> to search up though), and keeps on renaming devices up to about 150,
> and then starts all over again.

I don't know what exactly the problem is, but I would try several
things:

If this problem occurs when booting from the installation CD, you could
try another Kernel for installation and install a 2.4 Kernel later.

Or you try to install with USB turned off in your BIOS. You can turn it
back on later and load the driver module manually once you installed
the base system.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--